Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia
The core objective of the project is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning processes that are based on the principles of academic integrity and supported by policies, mechanisms and tools that help prevent and detect cases of plagiarism in higher education institutions in Georgia.
Goals of the Project:
- Plagiarism Prevention & Detection Electronic Program Introduction: Feedback Studio electronic program introduction and integration into the existing Moodle system.
- PR Campaign: to design and launch an institutional PR campaign as an important promotional mechanism that targets both students and faculty/teaching staff.
- Faculty Training: to develop and deliver training to faculty in effective assessment, teaching and learning to enhance skills to provide effective feedback to students that focuses on student performance against the principles of academic integrity.
- Student Services: to design and develop services to boost student writing skills (academic writing centers/student services centers/volunteer senior student tutors, etc.).
- Academic Writing Curriculum Overview/Creation: to adopt EU/modern Standards and requirements established for written academic communication to prevent plagiarism.
- University Policies and Resources: to elaborate a framework of policies and regulations that are conducive to quality teaching and learning processes based on the principles of academic integrity.
- Ilia State University (Coordinator)
- Tbilisi State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- Davit Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy of Georgia
- Shota Meskhia State Teaching University of Zugdidi
- Samtkhe-Javakheti State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Caucasus University
- Bank of Georgia Teaching University
- Ministry of Internal Affairs Academy
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- University of Roehampton (UK)
- University of Vienna (AUSTRIA)
- Dublin City College (IRELAND)
- University of Uppsala (SWEDEN)
For more information, please visit http://integrity.iliauni.edu.ge/?lang=en