HISTORY OF THE FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGICAL ENGINEERING

A training-consulting centre of Georgian Polytechnic Institute was opened in Kutaisi in 1946.
In 1953 the Centre offered evening classes and distance learning and  was transformed into Department of Correspondence Studies.  In 1968 Day Training Department was added to the faculty.
In 1974   the branch of the Faculty of Polytechnic Institute was founded. (The branch of faculty- "Food and Light Industry).on the basis of which Kutaisi N. Muskhelishvili Polytechnic Institute was founded.
At the initial stage The Kutaisi Polytechnic Institute encompassed 4 faculties: technological, light industry, mechanical technological and auto mechanic.
In 1977   Kutaisi Polytechnic Institute was awarded by the name of academician Niko Muskhelishvili.
In 1992 the Institute was awarded the University status.
In 2006, the higher educational institutions were reorganized in Georgia and as a result of the reorganization, the high schools were integrated and Akaki Tsereteli State University was established on the base of the integration.   Kutaisi Technical University is represented by two faculties at Akaki Tsereteli State University: engineering-technological and engineering-technical faculties.
The faculty of Engineering and Technology was created as a result of unifying  the technological and light industry faculties. Thus, this faculty is the successor of the first tech school in Kutaisi.
The faculty was administered by: Konstantine Imedashvili, Valerian Bregvadze, Guram Valishvili, Bidzina Urushadze, Kote Kobalava, Nunu Chijavadze, Omar Zivzivadze, Emirie Bakuradze, Rezo Jinjikhadze, Zinaida Vadachkoria, Temur Bluashvili, Temur Kepuladze, Temur Gordeladze, Elizaveta Buadze, Vakhtang Kvantidze, Konstantine Sirbiladze, Merab Shalamberidze.
Currently, Faculty is headed by Maia Grdzelidze.
Faculty of technology and Engineering is preparing the students in the following fields: technologies and techniques of light industry (clothing, footwear and textiles), fashion design, interior design, food technologies, the technology of pharmaceutical and perfumes-cosmetics, environmental engineering and Canal ecology, the technology of timber materials.
Faculty training is carried out in all three stages (undergraduate, master's and doctoral degree). Modular professional educational programs are also being implemented. The study process is served by 4 emeriti, 10 professors, 22 associate professors and 1 assistant professor. Faculty staff are actively involved in scientific research and have obtained international and national scientific grants. The students are actively involved in local and international events, conferences and exhibitions and often take prizes.

ვებ გვერდი ოპტიმიზირებულია შშმ პირებისთვის.